- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Backcountry Iron’s new 10.25 inch smooth cast iron heirloom takes inspiration from the classic hand-me-downs of old like the legendary polished cast iron pans made by Wagner and Griswold. Wasatch skillets seek to recapture the former glory of vintage cast iron in the modern day. The machined cooking surface and sides paired with a timeless design create a unique skillet that will leave you speechless. This skillet has a 10.25 inch diameter, measures 11.00 inches spout to spout, and has a 4.75 inch handle.
- Smooth cast iron provides a more uniform cooking surface that holds an excellent seasoning. Easy release properties keep food from sticking, and creates a better sear with exceptional browning – similar to enameled cast iron. This skillet is great for single or two person dishes, pies and cakes, and can even fit a whole chicken!
- Our Wasatch cast iron skillets have a glossy cooking surface that can be used with electric, induction or gas stovetops. Toss it in the oven, and even place it on campfires like an outdoorsman. It will retain heat longer and more evenly than other cast iron skillets.
- Wasatch pans are quadruple seasoned with vegetable and grape seed oil, giving it that signature bronze coloring. Cast iron can rust so keep it out of the dishwasher, do not soak overnight, or air dry. Use warm water and scrape off any stuck food with a flat utensil. You can also lightly polish the cooking surface with a stainless steel chainmail scrubber for a smooth patina. Wipe dry immediately after cleaning, and apply a new layer of oil to protect from rust.
- Our heavyweight cast iron skillets are perfect for searing, browning, braising, roasting, or frying meals and gravies alike. Compare our Backcountry Iron No. 10 to BL96SK LODGE CAST IRON AMERICAN MADE SINCE 1896. Also Compare with Le Creuset, Staub, Smithey, Field, Finex, and Stargazer skillets and pans.
|Special Feature||Great Heat Retention, Flat Bottom, Heavyweight, Glass Smooth Cooking Surface, Vintage Style|
Backcountry Iron’s 10 inch Wasatch skillet is oven safe with a smooth polished cooking surface. Our heavy weight cast iron offers better heat retention than other skillets. Reclaiming the old world glory of polished cast iron, Wasatch skillets are based on the pans of yesteryear like Griswold and Wagner. These smooth cast iron pans will be constant companions from the kitchen, to camping in the wilderness. Pass them on to your children and grandchildren for their adventures. Our team carried over the useability of our standard cookware while adding more features to create a pan worth the hype. We’ve milled the cooking surface, incorporated a deep heat ring, and added hefty handles for easy lifting. We think they turned out great! Compared to brands like Le Creuset, Staub, Field, Smithey, Finex, and Stargazer cast iron skillets and pans. Our Story: Backcountry Iron is a small artisan company of foodies, home cooks, and professional chefs. We are passionate about great food and that drove us to create our own cast iron cookware – its versatility, heat retention, and ease-of-use made cast iron an obvious choice for us. We strive to design and manufacture timeless, high quality cast iron cookware that will last generations.
There are no reviews yet.